2021 must be the year of #ZeroCovid
What’s the alternative?
Find out more at the Organising for Zero Covid conference!
Session 1: Understanding the Pandemic
Discuss the latest developments in the pandemic and responses to it.
10:00 Plenary speakers:
- Chair: Hilda Palmer (Hazards Campaign for workplace safety)
- Professor Michael Baker (New Zealand Ministry of Health’s Pandemic Influenza Technical Advisory Group, pc)
- Professor Susan Michie (Independent SAGE, pc)
- Hector Wesley (Black Activists Rising Against Cuts)
- Janet Newsham (Hazards Campaign for workplace safety)
- Diane Abbott MP
10:55 Breakout groups
Discussion in smaller groups to come up with questions and points to raise in the main group
11:20 Plenary questions and discussion
Between 12:00 – 12:30 we will have a live performance from Sean Taylor
Session 2: Campaigning for Zero Covid
12:45 Plenary speakers:
- Chair: Dr Emma Runswick (British Medical Association activist, pc)
- Richard Burgon MP
- Bella Ruiz Aristizabel (Sage care home striker, United Voices of the World union member)
- Ann Galpin (Co-Chair, TUC disabled workers committee, pc)
- Jim Harte (Unite BAE Systems, Clydeside, pc)
- Helen McFarlane (NHS worker, Scotland)
- Kevin Courtney (Joint General Secretary, National Education Union)
A chance to discuss campaigning for a Zero Covid strategy in a variety of areas – setting up campaign groups, planning lobbying, campaign action, getting more people on board etc.
- Schools (staff, parents and students)
- Campuses (staff and students)
- Workplace organising around safety
- Building a local Zero Covid group
- Defend Our NHS
- Poverty, benefit and cuts
- Zero Covid in the Labour Party
- Organising care workers for Zero Covid
- Housing is health
Please select which workshop you want to attend by clicking the button below
Speakers marked “pc” are in a personal capacity.
We will be providing live closed captions through Zoom.